Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fun at the Zoo!

In May we went to the Milwaukee Zoo with our good friends, the Seibels and Burants. We had loads of fun, as the below pictures show!

Emmy and Sylvia in front of the giraffes.

Camels!

Wow, check out those horns!

We got to see the polar bear nice and close!

Rhinos - they were HUGE!

The gorgeous peacock!

Bats - ewww!

Very colorful tree frogs!

The penguins were inside.

Flamingos! ;)

The huge hippo!

The big cats were a favorite.


The strutting peacock!

Resting afterwards

Mr. Seibel, Mrs. Seibel, Mom holding Anja and Dad.

Natalie, Sylvia, Elsie, Sarah and Emmy

Sweet Lily!

Aleks (as if you couldn't tell!) and Bethany

Molly!

Emily and Lydia

The guys played baseball in the parking lot.

Nice "bat", Ike!

Mom, Mrs. Seibel and Mrs. Burant.

Dawson, who was a little tired after the long day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, except.........where is the picture of Ali!! Come on, girl, I've posted a couple of me on our blog, the least you can do is post a couple of you on your blog!!! Or maybe I'll just have Aleks blackmail you and post as many pictures as she can find of you and put them on her blog-- how's that sound??? :)
The pictures were great, but I couldn't tell what Ike was using for a bat....even after I enlarged the picture....
And I know I've said it before, but I just love those Team Klahn shirts!!
I miss you so much, Ali!!!
Love You!
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Well, when we were looking at all the animals we were in 2 different groups, and Zack had our camera and we were split up. Then I was taking the pictures of afterwards, so that's why I wasn't in any of those either! Please please PLEASE don't have Aleks blackmail me! I'm sure she would be more than happy to do it, too!

That's the whole point; Ike was using basically nothing for a bat! It was just a little dinky piece of wood, which made it so funny because they were using a hardball!

I miss you too, Lizzie!!!
Love,
Me!

Anonymous said...

No, I'd never do such a horrid thing like asking Aleks to blackmail you----I'd do it myself!! :) I'm just teasing!! :)
Awwww....I miss you SOOO much!!! I was just thinking today-- I need to visit Ali like REALLY badly!!!
Love you Lots!!
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing that Elizabeth did--where's Aliisa? :)

I'd love to meet you sometime! That would be really fun. I hope I can sometime soon!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

It looks like that was fun! I went to the zoo a few weeks ago too. :) My friend's mom works with the penguins and so she was giving a "behind the scenes" tour to the homeschool group at her church (our church plant) and one other family (plus me!). It was fun. There are pictures of my friend's mom with the penguins right by where they are outside!

Did you all have the "Team Klahn" shirts?

Sarah said...

Wow the pictures are awesome! I miss seeing you guys often! Can't wait to see you!!

Sarah Gumness

Sarah said...

Where's Leah?? And where's Ali? (Are you the camara person?) I didn't see them in any of the pictures!

Oh well! ;);)

God Bless,
Sarah

--aleks k. said...

Love the pictures Ali!

Unknown said...

ya Ali! where am i?! (and u) haha!
Leah

Anonymous said...

looks like you've been having a fun time at the zoo!!!! hope to see you soon!!!!
~charity~